Monday, July 19, 2010

Unit 6 blog

I found the process of this assignment to be relaxing. I really enjoyed the practice on page 93 because it did not just focus on me as the individual but it helped me to focus on others as well. I found that I have a long way to go before I reach full integral development but that I am able to "hold the space" in body, mind and spirit, so that I can achieve it.
The area that I want to continue to grow in is my spiritual walk. I grew up in a very abusive religious environment and now that I attend an interfaith church, it's difficult for me to look past the Bible abuse and brainwashing to find what I really believe, not just as a person of faith but also as a gay woman. I want to work on this because my spiritual walk is a crucial part of my integral health.
I continue to meditate and pray on the troubles that are most problematic for me in this area of my life. I attend different seminars through my church and talk to others of faith who are in the same position as I am in. I'm actually sad to say that it is NOT hard to find support in this area but that my support system is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    I also found the Loving-Kindness exercise to be a very insightful experience. It felt great to focus energy towards individuals that truly were in need of it. Kudos to you for taking the initiative to make improvements in life in-spite of a troubled past. When there are so many that hold on to troubles, such as the ones you speak of, it is great to see individuals that strive to enhance their lives and look for a positive outcome!

    Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Autumn! I don't have time to dwell on anything, I always find a way to move past it. It's fun being happy! :)

    ReplyDelete