Monday, July 12, 2010

Unit 5 blog post

I'm not sure why the assignment asks us to explain our frustrations because to me, there is nothing frustrating about meditation (although I do understand that everyone is different). Both of these exercises are very relaxing and the benefits are always the same; I feel refreshed and ready to face my day.
Spiritual wellness is connected to mental and physical wellness in such a way that each one balances out the other. It's manifested in my life just through day to day experiences. If I am of spiritual and sound mind, I feel better in body but if I am spiritually broken and stressed out, it plays a toll on my health.
I'm really enjoying this class.
Peace,
Kristin

3 comments:

  1. The connection between body and mind is a definite. You are so right on with this. If one is off track, the other is off track.

    I personally did not enjoy this weeks exercise the first time I did it. I felt so much pressure to get control of my brain. I tried it again a couple days later and found that I just needed to relax and let it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the joy found in meditation as well as your point about the connection between body and spirit. We need balance between the two in order to feel our best. I seek out experiences that bring me joy everyday to keep the balance, life gives the stress. :-)
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you on this one, this is by far my favorite class I have ever taken. Peace is the word!!

    It almost makes me wonder if I should have chosen a degree in health sciences.

    I also like how you stated that once your in this calm state, you feel more refreshed and energized. It's amazing how this feeling can arise from such a calm state. It reminds me of one of the essays we read this unit about such contradictions.

    Take Care,
    ~Thomas

    ReplyDelete