Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Unit 10 post

Unit 3 ratings-
Physical- 2
Spiritual-9
Psychological-8

Unit 10 ratings-
Physical- 8
Spiritual-9
Psychological-9

In ten weeks I've lost 40lbs (actually, it's 45 lbs as of this morning) and I feel amazing! I have about 130 more lbs to go but I'm running, walking, swimming and doing weight training. I eat 1200 calories a day and if I go out to eat I make sure to re-create my meals (most restaurants are okay with this, some are not but if they get upset, I go somewhere else) to make sure that I am never over my allowed calories and fat intake. I completely cut things out of my diet because addiction to things like juice and butter is the reason I need to lose the weight. My motto is; no excuses! I am in control and only I can make this happen.

Spiritually I am still at a 9 but I think I was actually at a 6 before. I wanted to think that I was where I needed to be but in reality, it was just wishful thinking. I went to a workshop and I also met with my pastor to discuss the struggle of overcoming the abuse I went through while growing up in a fundamental church. As a gay woman I am constantly bashed for "turning away" from God but the truth of the matter is that I've never felt closer to the one who I call God, than I do now. I will continue to work on this area and remember that I am who I am and that there is nothing wrong with that.

Psychologically I am still at a 10. I chose to rate myself at this because I have worked so hard to make these amazing changes and that mind chatter is now gone. I'm more than okay, I am on top of the world but I'm also balanced and smack dab in the middle and that is exactly where I needed to be.

Everything about this course was incredibly life changing! I was already working on these areas in my life but this class gave me that extra push that I needed to take the next step. I enjoyed the meditation exercises and I will keep those Cd's around to use those exercises in my time of morning meditation. Life is beautiful and I intend to live every minute of it with a sound mind, a healthy spirit and a fit body.
I wish everyone the best. LIVE! : )

2 comments:

  1. I meant to put 9 for psychological. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear the progress that you made in this class with regard to your weight loss. I too have lost a substantial amount of weight and feel that this class has given me insight in a unique way. Life is too short and when you are able to look inward it is easy to keep on top of feelings and emotions that used to me medicated with food. learning new tricks have allowed me to escape these old habits and replace them with new ones. I intend to be the healthies person that I can be going and growing forward. Great class!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete